Summer is right around the corner, which means barbecues and outdoor fun. If you're looking for a new grill to take your outdoor cooking to the next level, check out our list of the top 10 best charcoal grills of 2022. We've picked some of the best grills on the market, so you can find one that fits your needs and budget. Whether you're a novice cook or an outdoor pro, we have something for everyone. So read on to find the perfect charcoal grill for your next summer barbecue!
Summer is fast approaching! In this season, barbecue is king. What could be more enjoyable than eating with family or friends good meat outside? Charcoal barbecues are popular.
Charcoal barbecue lovers know that steaks, sausages, fish or grilled vegetables (for Vegans!) Take on a special flavor. I waited until the first rays of the sun pointed the tip of their nose to test for you many models. I then listed the Top 10 best charcoal grill so you can find the one that suits you the most.
OUR TOP PICKS
- Best Budget: Char-Griller E3001 Grillin' Pro 40,800-BTU Gas Grill
- Most Saving: Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro 830 Square Inch Charcoal Grill
- High Quality: Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Charcoal Grill
- Popular choice: Royal Gourmet CD1824AX 24-Inch Charcoal Grill
- Most Affordable: Char-Griller E06614 AKORN Jr. Portable Kamado Charcoal Grill
- Top Choice: Char-Griller 2137 Outlaw Charcoal Grill
- Top option: Original PK Grill & Smoker Grill
- Popular option: Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill
- Saving option: Dyna-Glo Charcoal Grill
- Well-known choice: Weber 15401001 Performer Premium Charcoal Grill
1-Char-Griller E3001 Grillin' Pro 40,800-BTU Gas Grill, Black
The steel construction and powder coating of the Char-Griller 3001 Grillin' Pro 40,800-BTU Gas Grill ensure it will last a long time in the great outdoors. It has wheels for simple transport and a light weight (less than 100 pounds). The main burner produces 40,800 BTUs, while the side burner provides an additional 12,000.
Total usable cooking space is 630 square inches
Both the main grill's 438 square inches and the warming rack's 192 square inches contribute to your grilling ease. Start up is a breeze with the electronic starter. Steel burners with porcelain-coated cast-iron grates for cooking. The side shelf serves as a handy food-preparation area.
- Buildings Made of Tons of Steel
- Cast-iron grill grates with a porcelain coating
- 40,800 BTU's
- a supplementary stovetop burner with 12,000 BTU
- A Total Surface Area of 630 Square Inches for Cooking
- Acceleration by use of an electronic spark
- Finished with a resilient powder coating
- Supported by an industry-leading guarantee
- strong foundation
- Porcelain-coated cast-iron grates for the grill.
- Cost-effectiveness without sacrificing quality
- Deflections from heat shields will not result in fires.
- Constructing the whole thing will take some time.
- If there's too much marinade, the vents for the burners can become clogged.
2-Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro 830 Square Inch Charcoal Grill
Are you in need of a BBQ smoker in the Texas style? Find everything you need in one convenient package with the Char-Griller Smokin' Pro Charcoal Grill & Smoker. Our innovative double-barrel construction provides authentic offset smokers with taste and convenience. You may either use the main barrel as a standard barbecue grill, or you can fill the Side Fire Box accessory with charcoal and/or wood chips to create an offset smoker in the Texas manner. Comes with a movable fire grate that can be used for both grilling and smoking.
- Texas-style barbecue is cooked on a traditional charcoal grill with a side fireplace.
- Heavy-duty powder-coated steel is used in the construction of the grill barrel and the adjacent firebox, and nonstick cast-iron cooking grates provide uniform cooking temperatures.
- Users can quickly add charcoal and dispose of ashes thanks to the removable charcoal drawers; durable double bottom construction
- The included temperature gauge, storage rack, and wheels make this unit very convenient to travel. Steel Framed for Maximum Strength
- The grill has a total surface area of 580 inches squared, with a 250-inch-squared fire box on the side for charcoal grilling or smoking. The combined grilling and smoking surface of a Char-Griller is 830 square inches.
- Size (in inches): 62" x Width (in inches) x Height (in inches): 29" x Depth (in inches): 50" x Weight
- Resilient design
- Dual-purpose grill and smoker
- Effective warranty protection
- Drawer for charcoal makes cleaning a breeze.
- With its three tiers of height adjustment, the grate is very versatile.
- Constantly need many people to assemble
- Offset smoker hinges might leak and grill grate height adjustments are difficult when cooking.
3-Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Charcoal Grill
Home grilling using a kamado type oven.
The Char-Griller AKORN Kamado BBQ Grill and Smoker is a great way to experience authentic Kamado cuisine. Searing meat is a breeze at high temperatures, while slow roasting is a treat at lower temperatures. Triple-walled using 22-gauge steel, this grill and smoker can maintain temperatures between 200 and 700 degrees Fahrenheit with ease.
In order to control the amount of air going into and out of the grill, it has top and bottom adjustable dampers. You may save money on charcoal by using less of it and the Kamado design makes this possible.
The Char-Griller AKORN has a porcelain-coated steel interior, a detachable warming rack, an easy-to-dump ash tray, a 314-square-inch cast-iron cooking surface, and a built-in temperature thermometer. It has a powder-coated exterior finish.
- Durable, long-lasting steel structure Triple-walled insulation for heat retention Top and bottom dampers
- Quickly and easily dispose of ash with the easy-to-empty ash pan.
- Removable Grill warming rack, stainless steel
- Grill thermometer made of stainless steel
- Cast-iron grating for the stove
- Capable of keeping temperatures between 200 and 700 degrees Fahrenheit
- Durable metal construction
- Lighter in weight than ceramic kamados
- Exterior remains fairly chilly
- Smoking accessories not included
- Heat control requires practice
4-Royal Gourmet CD1824AX 24-Inch Charcoal Grill
The Royal Gourmet 24-Inch Charcoal Grill makes it possible to smell the food while cooking.
You can comfortably barbecue food for a family reunion of eight to ten people. You can be confident that using our grill will elevate your grilling experience to a new level, and that you will be pleased with the excellent food you served at the barbecue or party.
Have fun with your Royal Gourmet grill and your meals!
You may use this CD1824AX 24-Inch Charcoal Grill to grill up your finest gourmet fare.
- The cooking grate, at 393 square inches, and the warming rack, at 204 square inches, are both rust-proof.
- The heat may be adjusted on the charcoal grill's 6-level height adjustment mechanism, making it easier to cook.
- When compared to lifting the lid, the heat loss via the charcoal access door is minimal.
- Each of the two fixed side tables may be used as a convenient place to set down supplies, and the lower shelf is perfect for stowing away items.
- The large, pull-out ashtray may be removed for convenient disposal.
- Convenience is increased with the built-in bottle opener.
- The Royal Gourmet CR5402 is highly recommended as a grill cover.
- Materials that can withstand high use and wear and tear
- Entrance in the Face
- Melting pot for charcoal that may be adjusted
- Take out the ashtray.
- There's a hole in the adjusting knob, letting air escape.
- When cleaning, the ashtray may be emptied.
- Not recommended for use with lump charcoal.
- Absence of rotisserie accessory
5-Char-Griller E06614 AKORN Jr. Portable Kamado Charcoal Grill
You can take the power of a full-sized AKORN anywhere you go with the Char-Griller AKORN Jr. Kamado Charcoal Grill and Smoker. The AKORN Jr. provides a high-quality outdoor or portable cooking experience thanks to its dual air dampers, temperature gauge, simple lift handles, and characteristic triple-walled insulation.
Small enough to go camping yet still capable of holding eight burgers, the AKORN Jr. Use this sturdy outdoor barbecue to cook for a large group.
- Ideal for picnics, camping vacations, and outings to the beach.
- Because to its insulated construction and secure cover, the portable Kamado charcoal grill requires less fuel.
- To achieve low and slow cooking, pair with the Char-Griller 6211 Smokin' Stone Jr. (sold separately).
- Complements the Char-Griller 6659 AKORN Jr. Black Grill Cover (sold separately).
- Extremely adaptable Kamado barbecue
- Capable of low and slow smoking, as well as high heat grilling
- Simple to clean
- Affordable pricing
- Accurate and efficient temperature regulation
- The temperature may rise to dangerous levels.
- Even with the bottom damper closed, a stray ember may get out.
- The grill grates are not nonstick, and the one in the middle that can be removed is quite little.
6-Char-Griller 2137 Outlaw Charcoal Grill
If you have a big family or want to have barbecue parties in your backyard, the Char-Griller 2137 Outlaw 950 Square Inch Charcoal Grill & Smoker is the grill for you. You won't have to worry about running out of room to cook thanks to the 725 square inches of main area plus the 225 square inches of warming space. The Outlaw is built of alloy steel and powder coated for durability, and it stands 50 inches tall and weighs 114 pounds.
- Grilling Space of 725 Inches
- Warming Rack, 225 square inches
- Create a Texas-Style Offset Smoker by combining with the E82424 Side Fire Box (sold separately)
- Combine with the 3737 Outlaw Grill Cover for a complete set (sold separately)
- Superior 5-year guarantee Up to 1,000 square inches of grate area
- Lid with flanges to seal off air leaks
- Dampers that carefully regulate air and heat flow
- Exact temperature gauge
- Grill grates with a range of height adjustments
- There are a few tricky fasteners during assembly.
- grill grates made of thin cast iron
- It's hard to make adjustments to the grill in the middle of a cookout.
- Extra scraping is required for caramelized fat and sauce.
7-Original PK Grill & Smoker Grill
10-Year - buy with confidence. Pk cast aluminum charcoal grills are covered against rust, burnout or breakage for a full decade.
Portable - the Original pk grill & smoker Detaches easily from any of it's available stand options for transport. As a portable smoker grill, pack's are great for Tailgating, camping, fishing/hunting cabins, etc.
Built to cook - with 300 square inches of cooking surface, This charcoal grill can handle everything from brats to a Thanksgiving Turkey.
AWARD WINNING CHARCOAL GRILLS - Consumers Digest Best Buy 2017, AmazingRibs Pitmaster Best Value Pitmaster Award 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2018 Official Grill of Steak Cookoff Association.
- The Charcoal BBQ Grill and Smoker Combo is a popular product from the PK Grills brand.
- Charcoal as an energy source and a silvery aluminum and steel exterior.
- Total Item Weight: 45 Lbs.
- The product has length, width, and height measurements of 16 by 35 by 35.5 inches.
- Stainless steel for the inside.
- Charcoal, a kind of fuel
- Supported by an excellent guarantee
- It's a smoking device, too!
- Construction using cast aluminum for durability
- Using cutting-edge ash tents, airflow can be easily managed.
- An very reliable thermometer
- Somewhat cramped shelving
- There is no separation in the fire basin.
- A challenge to clean on occasion
8-Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill
- Stay Cool wood handle, side shelf, double steel bottom and side air vent
- Wheels make this grill easy to move
- Assembly required
- Dimensions: 31.00 x 21.00 x 44.00 inches
- Weight: 50 pounds
- The Ultimate Space-Saving Barbecue for Any Size Yard or Patio
- Construction is of cast iron grill grates and heavy-duty steel.
- Accessorize with a Char-Griller 6060 Grill Cover (sold separately)
- It's simple to relocate. Adjacent table. Perfect for apartments and other limited-square-footage locations.
- small in stature. Separate ashtray is included. Includes a handy shelf on the side. Keep-cold wooden grip.
- Simple to put together. The generous 250-square-inch space for cooking. It has a heat-proof grip. Optimal climate control. Cast-iron grates. Shelving for a side table.
- Limited space for cooking. There was not a temperature gauge to be found.
- The grill has a grease leak. There is confusion in the assembly instructions.
9-Dyna-Glo Charcoal Grill
To save space and make the most of your outdoor cooking, you should. More room may be made available in a limited footprint thanks to the Heavy-Duty Compact Barrel Charcoal Grill's foldable steel front work station. The grill's temperature gauge, made of stainless steel like those used in professional kitchens, pinpoints the sweet spot for grilling or smoking food. The cooking grates are made of porcelain enameled steel, so they transmit and retain heat very well and are great for searing.
- Cool-touch spring lid handle
- Oversized, Steel wheels
- Compatible with the DGSS287CB-D offset smoker box (sold separately)
- Dimensions: 37 x 33.86 x 59.84 inches
- Weight: 89.1 pounds
- Sturdy and simple to maintain
- Effective teaching
- You'll need to use a scoop to remove ash from the firebox since the side door doesn't reach all the way to the bottom.
10-Weber 15401001 Performer Premium Charcoal Grill
- One-Touch cleaning system with high-capacity ash catcher provides hassle-free ash cleanup
- Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, and won’t rust or peel
- Cooking grate is compatible with GBS inserts and is hinged for easily adding charcoal while grilling
- The weather-protected CharBin storage container is a convenient way to store charcoal
- Built-in lid thermometer and removable backlit LCD cook timer for precise grilling
- 3D interactive assembly instructions for this product are available through the free BILT app.
- Dimensions: 43.5 x 30 x 48 inches
- Weight: 91 pounds
- Simplicity of usage
- Thanks to the many attachments that can be inserted into the grates, this grill is a veritable kitchen on wheels.
- Quality construction; just like every Weber, it comes with a guarantee against defects in materials and workmanship.
- Accessories galore; with the GBS and other extras, it's very versatile.
- Possible addition of the Weber-typical stainless steel lid hinge
- This timer feature appears to have been added as an afterthought and serves no use.
Last update on 2022-12-10 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
The above products are among the best that you should buy. With their features, it will be easy for you to grill your food perfectly. They also have different prices, so you can choose one that suits your budget. Make sure you consider all the factors we highlighted in this article before making your purchase.
It is important to compare customer reviews before buying a charcoal grill. You have not found the model of your dreams yet?