Summer is right around the corner, which means barbecues and outdoor fun. If you're looking for a new grill to take your outdoor cooking to the next level, check out our list of the top 10 best charcoal grills of 2022. We've picked some of the best grills on the market, so you can find one that fits your needs and budget. Whether you're a novice cook or an outdoor pro, we have something for everyone. So read on to find the perfect charcoal grill for your next summer barbecue!
Summer is fast approaching! In this season, barbecue is king. What could be more enjoyable than eating with family or friends good meat outside? Charcoal barbecues are popular.
Charcoal barbecue lovers know that steaks, sausages, fish, or grilled vegetables (for Vegans!) Take on a special flavor. I waited until the first rays of the sun pointed at the tip of their nose to test for you many models. I then listed the Top 10 best charcoal grill so you can find the one that suits you the most.
OUR TOP PICKS
- Saving Option: Oklahoma’s Joe Longhorn Charcoal – LP Grill
- Top Choice: Smoke Hollow 4-in-1 Gas Charcoal Grill PS9900
- Best Overall: Dyna-Glo DGB730SNB-D Dual Fuel Grill
- Popular Option: Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill
- High Quality: Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner Liquid Propane and Charcoal Hybrid Grill
- Best Function: Char-Griller Akorn Kamado Charcoal Grill
- High Quality: Original PK Grill & Smoker Grill
- Best Feature: Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill
- Great Choice: Dyna-Glo Charcoal Grill
- Great Value: Weber 15401001 Performer Premium Charcoal Grill
1-Oklahoma’s Joe Longhorn Charcoal – LP Grill
This charcoal barbecue is well worth 5th place in this ranking of the best charcoal grill. Its one-meter long grill is impressive and very practical when you receive carnivorous lunch! Everyone can eat hot and at the same time as others! Despite its size, it is easy to assemble and transport. The design is very successful and will blend in with the environment of your garden or terrace.
This barbecue is really sturdy and will be the perfect companion for this summer. One of its big positives is that it's easy to empty and clean. In addition to this, it holds heat very well and saves charcoal.
It is, therefore, a very good investment because in addition to being a mid-range level price it will allow you to buy much fewer refills.
This large functional barbecue is, therefore, excellent value for money. I was very satisfied with this Texas model, ideal for meals with many guests. I recommend it to all lovers of grills!
- Weighs 204.6 lbs
- Stands 50.6 inches high
- Measures 74 inches wide and 31.5 inches deep
- Gas grill total BTUs 48,000 (main burner 36,000 BTUs and side burner 12,000)
- Total cook cooking area of 1060 square inches (750 sq in primary, 310 sq in secondary)
- A single side can fit 12 burgers, or 4 whole chickens, or 18 bratwurst, or 8 lbs of brisket
- Smoker and grill sides both measure 19.25 x 18.5 inches
- Grates made from porcelain-coated cast iron for heat resistance and anti-stick qualities
- Stainless steel burners, side shelves, and legs provide stability
- Built in thermometer makes it so you don’t need to lift the lid to check on food
- Cool touch handles make it possible to use during all cooking stages without burning your hands
- Cold rolled, 2.5mm steel provides high temperature resistance and durability
- Big, wagon wheels help reposition this heavy grill with ease
- All parts, including lid and firebox, under 2 year warranty
- Incredibly versatile: propane grill, charcoal grill, and smoker.
- Super robust body and wheels.
- Includes accessible cabinets for gear and ingredients.
- Surprisingly compact, 3-in-one.
- Won’t muddle up your patio
- Requires modifications to achieve consistent results.
- Maintenance required to prolong the service life.
2-Smoke Hollow 4-in-1 Gas Charcoal Grill PS9900
With this Smoke Hollow, you'll get cooking and quick lighting. Air vents can circulate the air, which I greatly appreciated! This makes this model very practical. Opening the package, I was delighted to discover several models of grids: a grill of course, but also a charcoal grill and a storage rack to put all your utensils.
Its thermometer provided once again improves the convenience of this charcoal barbecue. I love to eat and receive my friends but hate housework, I was pleased to discover that the cleaning of this model is facilitated by the contribution of an ash collector .very stable. Its large handles and wheels are a great advantage to easily move the precious, without risking burning.
It is a very good product with a quality-price ratio up to my expectations. It has a great grill capacity (I even had 30 chicken legs!). Unlike the Texas model, we do not need to fan constantly to revive the embers, so we can enjoy our guests without having to worry about the barbecue. I strongly recommend this model of excellent quality.
- You may cook with liquid propane gas, charcoal, over an indirect fire in the smoker firebox for real BBQ smoke flavor, or sear your meats in the infrared searing burner. A whopping four (4) different grilling possibilities, all in one compact package!
- A push-button igniter for each of the four stainless steel burners. This grill offers everything you need to throw the perfect barbecue for your friends and family.
- A ceramic infrared side burner, perfect for searing steaks and seafood to lock in juices and taste. Cook up to 20 hamburgers at once with this three-burner LP (Liquid Propane) Gas Grill (tank not included).
- There's also a charcoal grill with a removable charcoal pan, making it easy to regulate the grill's temperature while still getting that classic charcoal taste. For indirect cooking and real BBQ smoke flavor, use the offset, side smoker firebox along with flavored wood bits and charcoal.
- Smoking option lends grill versatility
- Infrared burner for fire fighting
- Adjustable charcoal box gives you better temperature control
- Easy-to-follow assembly instructions
- Materials not as high quality as some competitors
- Limited Warranty Package
3-Dyna-Glo DGB730SNB-D Dual Fuel Grill
This barbecue has the advantage of having a very large chrome cooking surface. Like the Smoke Hollow model of this comparison of the best charcoal barbecues, it contains a built-in thermometer on the lid, numerous air vents, and a convenient heat-holding grid.
It contains more storage than the model previously described: side storage, one at the front and another under the combustion chamber. I appreciated, here too, the removable ash container.
This model is the ideal ally to enjoy the good weather and delicious grills with family and friends. Many accessories make this charcoal grill a complete model ready to use. The novelty of this model compared to its competitors, turning this barbecue into a smoker, by simply closing the lid.
The present wheels are very convenient for transportation. Its modern design, all black, stands out for its elegance. The assembly of this Broil Master charcoal barbecue is to do it yourself but remains very simple. In addition, his record is a real plus because it is very clear and detailed.
- Burners made of commercial-grade stainless steel, providing maximum efficiency and longevity.
- Superior heat retention from porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates helps to sear meals and seal in its natural juices.
- A heat-regulating charcoal tray with movable dividers; Fast and dependable starting is guaranteed by an electronic pulse ignition technology.
- An ample 952 square inches of overall cooking space; Cook up to 38 patties on the grill and share the bounty with loved ones.
- With a total of 24,000 BTUs, you'll have enough of heat to cook with.
- Convenience of propane and the taste of charcoal
- Adjustable charcoal box
- Porcelain grill grates
- Large grilling space
- Might be too large for some
- The charcoal box is tricky to clean
4-Grill Chef: A charcoal barbecue at an unbeatable price
The Grill Chef charcoal grill is really less expensive than the competitors in this comparison. This very original ball-shaped model has an unbeatable value for money! It contains ventilation disks, charcoal distributors for indirect cooking, and an ash collection cup.
However, the cooking grid is twice as small as that of the Texas model. This barbecue is an ideal model to feast up to 15 people. After unpacking the beast, I dreaded a little mounting this barbecue in pieces. Nay, the editing was simple and fast. The barbecue consists of a fireplace with adjustable air intake to stoke more or fewer embers.
There is a grill to put the food and another small grill to put the coal. It fulfills its function perfectly and is stylized with its rarely seen shape. Lightweight, it is also easily transportable. This barbecue is stable and of very good quality. In summary, very good material that I highly recommend for barbecue lovers. Considering the price, do not hesitate a minute more!
- There are both gas and charcoal grills on the mobile unit.
- Kitchen space measuring in at 1,260 square inches
- Solid steel framework
- Cast-iron cooking grates with a porcelain enamel coating
- Electric ignition for the three gas burners totaling 40,800 BTUs.
- Side burner with 12,000 BTUs
- Charcoal grate that may be raised or lowered
- Easily removable ashtray
- A Condiment holder with a Grate
- The Use of Double-Down Efforts 62" x 28" x 50"
- There are numerous advantages to proudly owning a Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Model 5050 grill. The first is its flexibility—want to grill some thing quickly?
- Use the fueloline setting. In the temper for actual barbecue?
- Use the charcoal facet. It may even be used as a smoker in case you purchase the elective facet smoker box.
- It is likewise an cheaper fueloline/charcoal combo, and in view that Char-Griller has been making charcoal grills and people who smoke for years.
- Has lower quality gas grill ingredients and a light texture.
- Since there are more parts, there is a greater chance that something could be damaged.
5-Char-Broil Gas2Coal Hybrid Grill
This Char-Broil Gas2Coal Hybrid Grill, despite its price a little higher than the other barbecues in this comparison, deserves its place as a leader! It is, without doubt, the best charcoal barbecue on the market. He really has a class and it is a great gift to offer such a product. It is large enough to accommodate many pieces of meat and therefore invites many guests.
Upon receipt of the package, I discovered that each piece was very well packaged, which from the outset gives an impression of quality. In addition to that, the manufacturer has provided a Phillips screwdriver and a key. To make things easier, parts and screws have a reference to help with assembly. This is the kind of detail that proves that we are on a high-end product that keeps its promises.
It mounts in more time than the chef grill model but this is justified by their very different size. This barbecue is very well sized. I really liked the small modular openings that regulate combustion. This charcoal grill is really practical and easy to use. The device is stable and can be easily moved. At this price, for this range of products, I found nothing comparable in the trade and I am more than satisfied. Do not wait any longer to treat yourself to the crème de la crème of charcoal barbecues!
- Three 13,333 BTU tubular burners
- 420 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 540 square inches
- 40,000 BTU total output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Electric (AA-Battery) ignition
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Stamped steel charcoal pan
- Painted steel sheet metal body and frame with fold down side tables
- Not convertible to natural gas
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Made by Char-Broil in China, sold through various outlets
- Cooking grates chip easily
- Does both gas and charcoal
- Light, low quality burner
- Cheap construction
- Charcoal grill feature is limited
6-Char-Griller Akorn Kamado Charcoal Grill
Insulated design means more heat uses less charcoal and less airflow means insulated heat for juicy meat and folding side shelves
The cooking surface is cast iron, the body is constructed of 22 gauge steel, the Exterior finish is powder-coated steel, Interior finish is porcelain coated steel
Cart is constructed of tubular steel w/rubber wheels, locking caster on the front, the Indexed damper is numbered so you can note the position of the damper
Features Locking Lid, 2 folding black metal shelves, Easy dump ash pan, Double wall insulation, Heat gauge.
- Fuel Charcoal
- Weight 97 lbs.
- Product Dimensions 45″W x 47″H x 31″D
- Primary Cooking Area 314 square inches
- Total Cooking Area 447 square inches
- Warranty 5-year – grill (hood and bottom)
- 1-year – ash pan and defective parts
- Great value for money
- Light texture makes it a more portable grill
- Easy to keep clean
- Temperature control takes some practice
- The side shelf feels cheap
7-Original PK Grill & Smoker Grill
This is the grill that commenced it inquisitive about PK Grills with inside the 1950s. This simple, silver, forged aluminum grill and smoker is a no-frills addition to your backyard. However, simply due to the fact it’s basic, that doesn’t suggest that it doesn’t do a wonderful job. Slightly smaller than the PK360, the Original PK grill in silver has 310-inches of cooking area.
This is masses for a rack of ribs or an enormous brisket. The 4-vent gadget permits you to flawlessly manage the temperature on your grill/smoker, permitting you to create the suitable temperature for grilling steaks or sluggish smoking brisket or pork. We do want that the stand of this grill become a chunk taller, and there may be a few meeting required, which isn’t a massive deal, however simply functions to be conscious of.
10-Year - buy with confidence. Pk cast aluminum charcoal grills are covered against rust, burnout, or breakage for a full decade.
Portable - the Original pk grill & smoker Detaches easily from any of its available stand options for transport. As a portable smoker grill, packs are great for Tailgating, camping, fishing/hunting cabins, etc.
Built to cook - with 300 square inches of cooking surface, This charcoal grill can handle everything from brats to a Thanksgiving Turkey.
AWARD-WINNING CHARCOAL GRILLS - Consumers Digest Best Buy 2017, AmazingRibs Pitmaster Best Value Pitmaster Award 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2018 Official Grill of Steak Cookoff Association.
- The charcoal barbecue and smoker from PK Grills is designed with a capsule-shaped body and a 4-vent system that facilitates both high heat and low and slow cooking.
- Aluminum grills last four times as long as steel charcoal barbecues and are easier to move around and store.
- This outdoor grill's 300 square inches of cooking space means it can accommodate everything from brats to a Thanksgiving turkey.
- When grilling, it's all about the taste. Charcoal is the only produced fuel capable of producing the same genuine grilled taste as a PK Grill and Smoker.
- The portable outdoor grill and smoker is simply detached from its many support configurations. An ideal barbecue grill for outdoor activities including camping, tailgating, picnicking, traveling, fishing, hunting lodges, and more.
- Easy setup
- Excellent heat retention and control
- Portable for tailgating
- Built-in side table
- Lid does not securely attach
8-Char-Griller E1515 Patio Pro Charcoal Grill
Perfect baking solution when space is limited; Char-Griller Patio Pro Charcoal Grill brings great grilling power to every meal. The Patio Pro features a cast iron grill for even cooking, easy ash pouring for the Easy Dump ash pan, and a double bottom construction for better heat control. Conveniently offers 250 sq. The grill power delivers exceptional flavor and function.
- 250 square inch cooking space, cast iron cooking grid, side drawers
- Ideal for decks or small yards
- Features Stay Cool wood handles, side shelves, double steel bottom and side vents
- Wheels make this grill easy to move
- Assembly required
- Main cooking area: 200 Square Inch
- Cooking cast iron
- Heavy steel construction
- Dual damper control
- Ash pan pours easily
- Solid side shelf
- Powder coating finish
- Bottom storage rack
- Utensils hook
- One year limited warranty
- Conveniently fits in limited outdoor areas
- Possibility of easy relocation
- Inconvenience-Free Upkeep
- If preparing food for a large group, an internal thermometer may be inadequate.
9-Dyna-Glo Charcoal Grill
- Cool-touch spring lid handle
- Oversized, Steel wheels
- Compatible with the DGSS287CB-D offset smoker box (sold separately)
- Dimensions: 37 x 33.86 x 59.84 inches
- Weight: 89.1 pounds
- It's very lightweight for such a large grill.
- Ample room for cooking.
- Built to last out of durable stainless steel.
- An easily detachable tray facilitates cleanup.
- There are two fireplaces, each of which can be adjusted to different sizes.
- If you're putting together the assembly by yourself, it might be a laborious process due to its weight and complexity.
10-Weber 15401001 Performer Premium Charcoal Grill
- One-Touch cleaning system with a high-capacity ash catcher provides hassle-free ash cleanup
- Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, and won’t rust or peel
- The cooking grate is compatible with GBS inserts and is hinged for easily adding charcoal while grilling
- The weather-protected CharBin storage container is a convenient way to store charcoal
- Built-in lid thermometer and removable backlit LCD cook timer for precise grilling
- 3D interactive assembly instructions for this product are available through the free BILT app.
- Dimensions: 43.5 x 30 x 48 inches
- Weight: 91 pounds
- Simple to put together
- Excellent client service
- Excellent packaging
- Easy to remove
- Something is twisted
Royal Gourmet CD1824AC 24 Inch Charcoal Grill BBQ Outdoor Picnic, Patio Backyard Cooking, with Cover, BlackView on Amazon
Barbecue Charcoal Grill Stainless Steel Folding Portable BBQ Tool Kits for Outdoor Cooking Camping Hiking Picnics Tailgating Backpacking or Any Outdoor Event (Large)View on Amazon
Last update on 2022-10-03 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
It is important to compare customer reviews before buying a charcoal grill. You have not found the model of your dreams yet?