Like any kitchen appliance, a grill is an investment. A good propane gas grill should serve you for many years and be built using high-quality materials like thick porcelain enameled steel or stainless steel.
The gas grills under the $300 price point didn’t mean you couldn’t enjoy must-have features like great cooking power, long-term durability, or the ability to get a great sear on a steak. When you are gas grill shopping, you never want to compromise on quality for the sake of price. However, you also don’t want to massively overspend your budget. There are also some great gas grills under $300 if you know what to look for.
That’s what this guide is here. We’ll show you the best possible gas grills under $300 for a variety of different needs. Keep reading for a closer look at our top picks for gas grills below the $300 mark.
Out Top Picks:
- Best for durability - Char-Broil Performance 4-Burner Cart Style Propane Gas Grill
- Best for having 5 burners - Royal Gourmet Cabinet Propane Gas Grill
- Best grill for the price - Master Cook 3 Burner BBQ Propane Gas Grill
- Best grill for the storage - Char-Broil Performance Series Gas Grill
- Best for size of cooking area - Cuisinart Full size 4 Burner Gas Grill
- Best for heating ability - Char-Griller Grillin’ Pro Gastro Grill
1. Char-Broil Performance Stainless Steel 4-Burner Cart Style Gas Grill
The Char-Broil Performance Grill is made with durable materials and delivers 36,000 BTUs of heat across the 425-square-inch cooking surface, to accommodate large-sized meals. The primary cooking surface features porcelain-coated cast-iron grates, which are rust-resistant, help prevent food from sticking, and are easy to clean. Measures 50.4-inches wide x 24.5-inches deep x 45-inches high & weighs about 85 lbs. It’s got two side tables where you can store your cooking implements or plates or trays. Lid-mounted temperature gauge provides the griller with increased heat monitoring and control.
The Char-Broil Performance 4-Burner Cart Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill is a top-of-the-line propane grill that is perfect for any outdoor cooking enthusiast. This grill offers a variety of features that make it stand out from other grills on the market. The first thing you will notice when looking at this grill is the beautiful stainless steel finish, which gives it a more stylish and durable look than other grills. It also has an exclusive electric ignition system that makes firing up your grill a breeze, as well as a 10, 000 BTU side burner for those times when you need more cooking space. The porcelain-coated grease pan can be removed for easy cleaning and the stainless steel burn.
- The side burner is very well since you can use it as a storage table
- Stainless Steel – the burners, side burners, and shelves are made of stainless steel so are extremely durable.
- Easy Cleanup and Mobility.
- Narrow Grates don’t transfer the heat as effectively to your meat.
- There’s a channel that carries the flame from both sets of burners to each other.
- This is very close to where most grillers will keep their hands.
2.Runner Up – Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
The Char-Broil Classic 360 has three burners made of stainless steel that offers 30,000-BTU's of heat. The grill can be ignited instantly at the push of a button. The grill also has two metal side shelves that offer plenty of prep space and storage. A metal hook line on the side of the grill lets you store your tools. The primary cooking space surface is 360 square inches and features porcelain-coated grates. Porcelain-Coated Steel Lid & Firebox.
The American Gourmet Char-Broil Classic 360 liquid propane gas grill is perfect for the professional griller. With 360 square inches of cooking space, this grill has more than enough room to cook all of your favorites. The convectional cooking system ensures even cooking every time, while the 170 square inches porcelain-coated swing-a-way rack provides extra space for warming food. Plus, the three stainless steel in-line burners provide superior cooking performance. When you're not using the grill, keep your food warm with the porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox. And thanks to the metal side shelves, you have plenty of extra storage and prep space.
- Material is stainless steel or porcelain-coated steel, both of which are great for long-term durability.
- Big Warming Rack
- Easy Start-Up
- Heat Control – the knobs have a tendency to accidentally shut off the burners when you try to increase the heat.
3.Best Portable Gas Grill Under $300 – Weber Q2200 Liquid Propane Grill
The Weber Q2200 can be moved around easily and still has 280 square inches of cooking space. Dimensions - Lid Closed and Tables Out (inches): 15.5"H x 51.4"W x 19.5"D. It uses a single stainless steel burner that can put out 12,000 BTUs of heat per hour. Electronic ignition. It has two folding work tables that can be retracted for easy storage in a shed or car. Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates.
The Weber Q2200 Liquid Propane Grill is a professional-grade grill that will make your outdoor cooking experience unforgettable. The stainless steel burner produces 12,000 BTUs of heat per hour, ensuring that your food is cooked evenly and to perfection every time. The porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates provide an even surface for your food, while the electronic ignition system ensures easy, reliable lighting every time. And with the built-in thermometer, you'll always know the temperature of your grill so you can cook your food perfectly each and every time. Plus, the two folding work tables make it easy to prepare and serve your food, while the dimensions - Lid Closed and Tables Out (inches): 15.
- Light Weight
- Folding Tables: you can choose whether or not to use the folding tables at any time.
- It doesn’t include any of the extras.
4.Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro
The E3001 is made with durable steel for its frame and the side shelves. The Char-Griller E3001 has 40,800 BTU heat, a 12,000 BTU side burner. 630 square inches of total cooking area (438 square inches on the main grilling area plus a 192 square inches warming rack). There are some utensil hooks right on the side of the main unit for easy tool storage. Porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates and stainless steel burners. Electronic ignition.
This Char-Griller gas grill is perfect for the professional griller. It has three burners with independent control knobs, delivering consistent and even heat across the grilling area. With a total cooking area of 630 square inches, this grill will make your barbecue taste great. The durable steel construction makes it sturdy and built to last, while the dual smoke stacks provide better ventilation.
The Char-Griller E3001 Grillin' Pro 40,800-BTU Gas Grill is the perfect way to enjoy a backyard barbecue with family and friends. This gas grill features thick porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates for maximum heat retention, a warming rack, large wheels for easy portability, and a side workstation with barbeque tool set storage hooks. The stylish barrel-style black gas grill with smokestacks is a welcome addition to any backyard. The electronic igniters for each burner ensure your gas propane grill starts easily with the push of a button. The Char-Griller Grillin' Pro Gas Grill also pairs with the Char-Griller BBQ Accessory Kit.
- The grill features heavy-steel construction, porcelain-coated cast-iron grates, dual stacks for even heating, a stainless steel thermometer, a Stay Cool hood handle, and an electronic igniter probe on every burner.
- The protection plates over the flames tend to catch and hold food/grease, making it difficult to clean.
5.Coleman Propane Grill Roadtrip LXE Portable
The Coleman Propane Portable Grill has collapsible legs that can extend up to a standing height. The collapsible design is easy to transport and fits into most car trunks. The grill has 285 in.² of cooking space; this is heated by 20,000 BTUs. The regular grates are cast-iron and porcelain-coated to promote good heat retention and great flavor. Twin side tables are situated just below the cooking surface for optimal storage or food prep activities.
The Coleman Propane Grill is the perfect portable grill for your next tailgating or camping adventure. With 285 square inches of grilling surface and 20,000 BTUs of heat, this grill can cook up a feast for the whole family. The Instastart button ignites the grill without the need for matches or lighters, making it easy to get started. The collapsible design makes transport and storage a breeze and fits easily into most car trunks. Make your next outdoor gathering a success with the Coleman Propane Grill.
- This grill is ideal for small spaces and is easy to transport.
- It has a quick connect fitting, making it easy to attach to a travel trailer.
- The heat is uneven, so be careful when cooking at high temperatures.
6.Cuisinart CGG-7400 Full Size Gas Grill
The Cuisinart CGG-7400 has 443 square inches of cooking space and 167 square inches of warming rack right above the four primary burners giving you maximum control over the heat, and can bring 44,000 BTUs of heat. There’s also a pair of wide side tables that are sturdy enough to handle heavy tools or lots of supplies without bending or breaking.
The lid is made of stainless steel. You can move it more easily thanks to the large wheels on one side. Built-in thermometer, Built-in bottle opener.
Looking for a top-of-the-line gas grill that will make cooking outdoors a breeze? Look no further than the Cuisinart CGG-7400 Propane Grill. With four powerful burners totaling 44, 000 BTUs of cooking power, this grill offers plenty of room to cook up your favorite recipes. The cast-iron grates are heavy-duty and great for retaining heat, while the two side tables provide ample space for food prep. The construction is stainless steel with a sleek lid and control panel. Plus, the grill comes with a drip tray to collect grease and drippings. Whether you're an experienced outdoor chef or just starting out, the Cuisinart CGG-7400 Propane Grill is sure to please.....
- The grill is easy to assemble and has a sleek design.
- The four burners are efficient and allow for cooking using multiple methods.
- There is a large gap at the back of the lid that can result in heat loss.
7. Camp Chef
The Camp Chef Big Gas Grill is perfect for those who demand the best in outdoor cooking. With three cast aluminum burners, totaling 90,000 BTU/hr, this grill can handle any outdoor cooking task. The patented Wind Baffle Burner Technology ensures even heat distribution and consistent results every time, while the appliance-style temperature controls make it easy to get your food just the way you like it. The included Grill Box also allows you to smoke foods at low temperatures or use the included hoses and regulator to turn your grill into a full-blown smoker. And with its removable leveling legs, the Camp Chef Big Gas Grill is easy to set up on any surface.
- The customer purchased the grill to use while camping.
- They are happy with the quality of Camp Chef products.
- The grill is easy to put together and set up, and it cooks well.
- Without the leg levelers, it can be difficult to cook evenly.
Buying a gas grill for under 300 dollars is definitely possible. When choosing the ideal gas grill, there are some things to keep in mind. These ideas can help you distinguish excellent models from merely mediocre ones:
- Budget/Feature Ratio: Price matters greatly, but the cheaper the gas grill, the fewer extra features.
- Number of Burners/Cooking Size: In general, the more burners a given gas grill has, the greater its overall cooking space
- BTU Level/Heat Flux: The BTU level of your grill tells you how fast your meat will cook once it’s placed on the surface.
- Portability: this can be important if you store your gas grill in a shed or your garage and have to take it elsewhere for cooking.
- Grill Grate Material: Grill grates are also important. Some of the best models use stainless steel for their grades, which provides several important benefits
Buying a grill is an important decision. If you’re looking for the best gas grill under $300 and you don't have knowledge of grill lingo and a guide for picking the right grill, you might make the wrong choice. This article can help you choose the perfect gas grill for your needs.
Wish you can find a good gas grill for you and your family.