Whether you live in a condo, an apartment, or a townhouse, you must crave grilled food from time to time. And while going to a steakhouse may satisfy that craving, it may not be ideal when you’re entertaining family or friends. Why not get a patio grill and have a wonderful time with your loved ones?
Barbecuing in a small yard, or on a diminutive patio or balcony can be a challenge. Still, there are ways for townhome, condo, and apartment dwellers to enjoy the taste of fresh barbecue in their own spaces.
This article will help you determine what to look for in the best patio grill for a small-space grilling solution.
Out Top Picks:
- Best Overall - Weber Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill
- Best Runner-up - Char-Broil 463673519 Performance Series 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- Best Best Versatile - Coleman RoadTrip LXX Portable Propane Grill
- Best Best High-end - Weber Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill
- High Quality - Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
1. Weber Spirit II E-210 Black LP Outdoor Gas Grill
With the E210, Weber took the top, core features of their larger grills and engineered them to fit in a neat, compact mini version. Weber added in their new Gs4 grilling system, with two burners, each supported by stainless steel, top-quality tubes. The Spirit delivers 26,500 BTUs with 450 sq inches of cooking space and 90 inches of warming rack. This grill provides solid, even heat to every inch. It comes with reasonably sized drop-down tables on both sides (more room to layout food) that fold down for easy storage. Both tables are equipped with 3 sturdy hooks to hang your tools. Porcelain-Enameled Cast Iron Cooking Grates. Infinity Ignition.
With a purchase of the Weber Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill, you're getting a durable and reliable grill that will stand up to years of use. The cast-iron cooking grates provide even heat distribution and excellent searing, while the porcelain-enameled lid and body resist rusting and scratching. This grill is also compatible with the iGrill 3 Bluetooth thermometer (sold separately), so you can monitor your cooking progress from anywhere in your backyard.
The Weber Spirit II E-210 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill is the perfect choice for small spaces. It's packed with features, such as the powerful GS4 grilling system, and has a built-in lid thermometer to ensure that your food is cooked perfectly every time. The fold-down left-side table makes it easy to prepare food, while the open cart design provides plenty of space to store all of your grilling accessories. The fuel gauge ensures that you always know how much fuel is left in the tank, and the stainless steel heat deflector ensures that your food is cooked evenly every time.
Included with your purchase are The Black 2-Burner Liquid Propane Grill with Side Burners, Weber Spirit II E-210
Grill measurements (with the lid open) are 57"H x 48"W x 26"D. Measures 44.5"H x 48"W x 27"D with lid closed. The combined dimensions of the grill's two cooking grates, at 20.32 inches by 17.5 inches, are suitable for use with a standard 20-pound LP gas tank and the grill's propane gas fuel source.
Cast-iron cooking grates with porcelain enamel, porcelain-enameled lid, iGrill 3 compatibility are only some of the features (accessory sold separately), Open cart layout, fuel gauge, fold-down left-side table, stainless steel heat deflector, and an integrated thermometer in the lid all come standard. Spaced slats
This compact two-burner barbecue is loaded with features, including the robust GS4 grilling technology, while yet fitting into tight quarters.
- Dual stovetops
- With a combined cooking surface area of 450 square inches
- Thermometer built right into the lid
- Scratches are easy to make in stainless steel.
2.Char-Broil Performance 300 2-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill
If you’re shopping for a small space, The Char-Broil is a little of a grill and a budget-friendly option. Measures 42.9-inches wide x 24.5-inches deep x 44-inches high. Total cooking space is 300 square inches on porcelain-coated cast-iron grates, plus a 100 square inch swing-away rack with porcelain-coated grates for toasting buns, which makes for easy cleanup. The grease pan is also removable on this grill for easy cleaning and maintenance. The side tables fold down to reduce the footprint when not being used. 2-burner, 24,000-BTU Cabinet Gas Grill. Electronic ignition for fast and reliable startups. The Performance 300 sits on four casters- two of which lock- offering easy mobility and the ability to keep it in place. Lid-mounted temperature gauge provides the griller with increased heat control.
The Char-Broil Performance Series 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill is perfect for the professional griller. With 24,000 BTUs of cooking power, you can easily cook up a storm on 300 square inches of primary cooking space. The grill also features a 100-square-inch swing-away rack with porcelain-coated grates, so you can easily grill for a large crowd. The stainless steel lid and UFC provide stylish durability, while the lid-mounted temperature gauge ensures that your food remains at the perfect temperature for delicious results every time.
When you're looking for a grill that will have you cooking like a pro in no time, look no further than the Char-Broil Performance Series 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill. This grill comes with electronic ignition, meaning that starting it up is practically effortless, and features sturdy metal side shelves that fold down when not in use for extra space. Plus, there's even a convenient storage cabinet to store your propane tank and other grilling accessories! The grill also sits on 4 casters, two of which lock for added stability and mobility.
Cabinet Gas Grill with 24,000 BTUs and 2 Burners
Primary cooking surface is 300 square inches on porcelain-coated cast iron grates; secondary cooking surface is 100 square inches on a porcelain-coated cast iron swing rack.
A lid-mounted temperature indicator allows for even more precise management of cooking temperatures, while the UFC and lid are made of stainless steel for enduring style.
System for Cooking: Electronic Ignition and Convection for Rapid and Reliable Start-Ups The metal side shelves fold down out of the way when they are not in use.
Safely stow away your gas grill's propane tank and all of its associated parts in this handy storage cabinet. The grill is supported by four wheels, two of which lock for portability and stability.
Finished Product Measures: 24.5 in Depth by 42.9 in Width and 44 in Height It's 82.5 pounds in weight.
Putting Together Necessary
- Short Preheating Needed
- Sufficient Room and Shelving
- Minimalist with four wheels
- Gasoline isn't an option
- To clean stainless steel is a royal pain.
3.Coleman RoadTrip LXX Portable Propane Grill
If you’re into camping, picnicking with friends and family outdoors, or just have a small patio space to use for grilling, this little Coleman is the ultimate portable grilling staple. Have Wheels. Its collapsible stand sets up in seconds and folds up for compact storage, while its large handle and wheels make the grill easy to transport. And thanks to its porcelain-coated cast-iron grates and removable grease tray, this camp grill is easy to clean. The cook size is 285 square inches. It also offers 20,000 BTUs. Keep tools of the trade within easy reach on 3 handy hooks. Sturdy stainless steel side tables.
The Coleman RoadTrip LXX Portable Propane Grill is the perfect tool for any outdoor cooking enthusiast. Its sturdy construction and 285 square inches of grilling surface provide plenty of room to cook up a feast, while its 20,000 BTUs of heat ensure that your food will be cooked perfectly every time. The Instastart button makes it easy to ignite the grill without the need for a match or lighter, and the collapsible design makes it easy to transport and store.
- Excellent for camping, picnics, and tailgating, a portable gas grill is a must-have for any outdoor event.
- Covers 285 square inches with 20,000 BTUs of grilling power.
- Grates for the grill, the griddle, and the stovetop may all be swapped out on a Swaptop cooktop (sold separately)
- There's no need for a match or lighter thanks to the grill's instant-on Instastart button.
- The foldable structure allows for convenient storage in the trunk of almost any vehicle.
- Burns hot and fast, even in the cold.
- Makes cleanup a breeze when equipped with griddles.
- Capable of being carried about easily.
- Because of its portability, a grill can only hold so much food.
- When compared to the grill, certain cast-iron stovetops might seem like a ton.
- When on the go, several of the parts seem fragile and need to be supervised.
4.Weber Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill
Weber is known for making the best home grills on the market. Dimensions - lid closed (inches): 14.5H x 27W x 16.5D inches. Ergonomic side handles. Features include one stainless steel burner that produces 8500 BTU-per-hour to heat an 189 square-inch total cooking area. Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates, cast aluminum lid, and an easy-start electronic ignition system. The Q 2200 offers an infinite control burner valve and is lightweight and portable. Split grates allow for a grate/griddle cooking combination. This Weber may be little, but it is mighty.
The Weber Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill is perfect for the outdoor chef looking to create amazing meals with little effort. One stainless steel burner produces 8500 BTU-per-hour to heat an 189 square-inch total cooking area, while the porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body ensure even heat distribution and durability. The grill also comes fully assembled out of the box, so you can start cooking right away. Additionally, the push-button ignition and infinite control burner valve settings make it easy to get your meal just right, while the disposable 14.1 or 16.4 oz LP cylinders (sold separately) allow you to grill almost anywhere.
- A total of 189 square inches of cooking space may be heated by a single stainless steel burner, which generates 8500 BTU/hr.
- Completely ready to use right out of the box, with cast aluminum body and lid and porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates. Closed, the case is 14.5 inches tall by 27 inches wide by 16.5 inches deep.
- Light the burner with the push of a button and adjust the flame to whatever temperature you choose. Type of fuel: LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) (disposable cartridge sold separately)
- Uses a single-use LP cylinder that is either 14.1 or 16.4 ounces in size (sold separately). For 10–15 minutes before to cooking, the grill should be heated on high.
- Ready to go the moment you open the package
- The high-quality construction makes maintenance simple.
- Superbly functional portable grill
- Extremely portable and convenient for travel.
- Not as convenient as standard barbecues
- A separate purchase is required for the stand.
- Grilling meals on one of these takes a little longer than on a standard barbecue grill.
5.Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
This grill offers 280 square inches of cook space, 2 burners delivering 20,000 BTUs of power, porcelain-coated cooking grates for simplified clean-up, and a push-button start ignition system. The optional side burner delivered 8,000 BTUs and is great for sauces or side dishes. Two stainless steel in-line burners for cooking performance. Porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox stand up to weather and the elements. Measures 45.6-inches wide x 24.1-inches deep x 41.9-inches high. Features two 6-in wheels for increased mobility and 12-in W x 13.5-in deep durable metal side shelves for ample prep space.
Cook up your favorite summer recipes on this Char-Broil Classic 280 liquid propane gas grill. Featuring two in-line stainless steel burners, this grill offers 8,000 BTUs of cooking power to prepare burgers, chicken breasts, or steak kabobs. The 280 square inches of cooking space is ample for larger cuts of meat, while the porcelain-coated grates provide even heat distribution and prevent sticking. Plus, the side burner lets you cook sides or sauces while the main dish is on the grill. With a porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox that stand up to weather and the elements, as well as metal side shelves for extra storage and prep space.
- A total of 280 square inches of griddle surface made from porcelain
- The 8,000-btu side burner is perfect for making sauces and other condiments.
- Two in-line stainless steel burners for efficient cooking.
- The firebox and lid are made of porcelain-coated steel, making them weatherproof.
- The metal side shelves provide an additional 12 inches wide and 13 inches long of storage and preparation space.
- Affordable to most budgets.
- Robust design and materials
- Facilitated usage
- Simple upkeep and cleaning
- The system has an internal spark generator.
- Grilling Space Is Slightly On the Small Side
- The propane tank holder could be shaky while being moved.
- No preheating grate
6.Fuego Element F24C Carbon Steel Gas Grill
Fuego FELG24C is the brainchild of a former designer from Apple and this design is an innovative tech approach to grilling. The design makes very good use of space. The main point of the Fuego is that it heats up to 500 degrees in just 5 minutes. They increased the grill surface area, now offering 415 square inches of primary grilling area with a 110 square inch warming rack for a massive combined grilling area of 525 square inches. Combined grilling surface. 26,500 BTU/hr (total). Hinged 45 Degree lid design to prevent reaching over the hot fire and easy to clean drop through residue removal system make clean up a breeze. Easy Assembly. Sleek Design, conceal the propane tank beneath the grill where it rests on a tank hook.
The Fuego F24C Professional Propane Gas Grill is the perfect grill for anyone who wants a professional grilling experience. This grill has a porcelain enamel lid to prevent paint from peeling or bubbling, 525 square inches of grilling surface, and a compact 24"x24" footprint that's perfect for small patios or balconies. The 26,500 BTU/hr dual-zone burner system reaches temperatures of 500F in just 5 minutes and provides 250F-700F overall temps, so you can cook whatever you want however you want.
Looking for a top-quality propane grill that's easy to use and clean? Look no further than the Fuego F24C Professional Propane Gas Grill. This grill features a hinged lid design that prevents you from having to reach over the hot fire, as well as a drop-through residue removal system that makes cleaning up a breeze. It also comes with a perfect clasp door close system, hinged propane tank storage door, non-marking industrial casters, and electronic ignition. Plus, it offers uniform temperature and up to 650F direct heat for searing steaks and seafood. So why wait? Order your Fuego F24C Professional Propane Gas Grill today!
- Induction stove with a secondary burner
- A footprint of 24" x 24"
- Overall grilling area of 525 square inches
- 26,500 BTU/hr (total)
- 45-degree swiveling cover
- The door latch works well.
- Wheels for heavy machinery that won't leave marks
- Ingenious and compact layout
- Sears steak, chicken, fish, and more since it heats to to a searing temperature.
- This grill is a cut above the others aesthetically.
- The assembly time is around 30-40 minutes.
- The plastic tray that holds your extras is really fragile.
- Not as hot or sear-able as charcoal.
7.Char-Griller E3001 Grillin’ Pro 40,800-BTU Gas Grill
The Char-Griller 3001 Grillin' Pro 40,800-BTU Gas Grill is durable steel and powder coated for longevity outdoors. Weighing less than 100 pounds, attached wheels make it easy to move around the yard as needed. The grill kicks out 40,800 BTUs, while the side burner offers another 12,00 BTUs with 438 square inches of main grilling area and 192 square inch warming rack. Durable steel construction; side shelf for handy workspace. The grilling' Pro burner gas grill is constructed of sturdy tubular steel & features dual smoke stacks for better ventilation. Porcelain-coated grates make for easy cleaning.
If you're looking for a professional-grade gas grill, the Char-Griller E3001 Grillin' Pro is just what you need. With 40,800 BTUs of heat, this grill can cook anything up quickly and evenly. The 630 square inch cooking area provides plenty of space to prepare a feast, while the durable steel construction makes this grill built to last. Plus, the three independent burners give you consistent heat across the entire grilling area.
The Char-Griller Grillin' Pro gas grill is perfect for any backyard barbecue. With porcelain-coated cast-iron cooking grates, a warming rack, large wheels for easy portability, and a side workstation with barbeque tool set storage hooks, this grill has everything you need to cook up a delicious meal. The stylish barrel-style black gas grill with smokestacks is a welcome addition to any backyard, and the electronic igniters make starting the grill easy. For added convenience, the removable grease cup makes cleaning up after your barbecue quick and easy.
- Steel Frame Buildings
- Cast iron grill grates with a porcelain coating
- 40,800 BTU's
- Side Burner with 12,000 BTUs
- A Total Surface Area of 630 Square Inches for Cooking
- Starter Battery Replacement
- Long-lasting powder coating
- Supported by an industry-leading guarantee
- strong foundation
- Ceramic-coated cast-iron grates for the grill.
- Competitive pricing for the superior quality
- Flare-ups are impossible because of the absence of heat protection.
- Slow to put together completely.
- Grills might become stuck in the marinade if there's too much.
8.Royal Gourmet 2-Burner Patio Propane Gas Grill
This patio model from RG offers 2 burners and a respectable 26,000 BTUs. Dimension: 45" length x 22.4" width x 21.7" height, 486 square inches of primary cooking area and 96 square inches of warming rack, porcelain-covered cast iron cooking grates, and a porcelain-coated double-layer lid. Folding stainless steel side shelves provide prep space and convenient storage.
If you're looking for a spacious and powerful gas grill, the Royal Gourmet Regal GB2000 is perfect for you. With 486 square inches of cooking area, two independently controlled stainless steel burners, and an electronic ignition system, this grill is sure to make your cooking experience easier and more enjoyable. The included griddle top also makes it easy to cook up all your favorite foods, while the efficient grease management system ensures that cleanup is a breeze. And thanks to its large caster wheels with the brake system, you can easily transport your grill wherever you need it.
- Surface Area: 482 square inches
- Dual Electronically Ignited Stainless Steel Burners (13,000 BTU/each) with Separate Controls
- Ceramic Griddle Top with Enhanced Gloss Finish
- There are one set of stationary end tables.
- Extra-Size, Easily-Removed Cup for Collecting Oil and Gr
- Extendable Hanging Bar with 4 Hooks
- Large, collapsible side tables with a nonslip surface and 26,000 BTUs of constant heat
- Top of the griddle has been preseasoned
- Plenty of room for cooking
- The foundation is very solid.
- Limited time guarantee
- The grease slot is quite susceptible to becoming plugged.
- It's not easy to set up a side table.
9.Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
The Cuisinart Stainless Steel Petite Tabletop Grill is great for small decks and patios, or anywhere space is limited. The Cuisinart is a less expensive alternative from Coleman if you’re looking for a portable option to hang with your on-the-go lifestyle. A portable gas grill with a 145-square inches grilling area and foldaway legs, weighs 13.5 pounds. Powerful 5,500 BTU stainless-steel burner and even-heating porcelain-enameled grate. Aluminum legs and stabilizing feet are set up in seconds; an integrated lid lock keeps the lid secure. It's fueled by propane and features a twist start ignition for easy lighting. It's easy to clean and features a removable grate that's dishwasher safe.
The Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Propane Gas Grill is a great choice for those who need a grill that is both portable and powerful. This grill features a 145-square-inch grilling area as well as foldaway legs, making it easy to take with you wherever you go. The 5,500 BTU stainless-steel burner ensures even heat distribution, while the porcelain-enameled grate helps to keep your food from sticking. Additionally, the aluminum legs and stabilizing feet are set up in seconds, and the integrated lid lock keeps the lid secure while you're cooking. Finally, this grill comes with a pronounced briefcase-style carrying handle for easy transport.
- A foldable gas barbecue with a 145-square-inch cooking surface and wheels.
- Prepares 4 pounds of fish, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, or 8 burgers.
- Stainless steel burner with 5,500 BTUs and porcelain-enameled grate for uniform heating; aluminum legs and feet for stability; lid lock for peace of mind.
- Weights in at 13.5 ounces; with a pronounced briefcase-style carrying handle
- Extremely hassle-free to keep tidy
- Grill grates with a nonstick porcelain coating
- Features collapsible legs, a locking lid, and a grab handle.
- An industrial-strength propane stove with a 5,500 BTU stainless steel burner
- Guaranteed for three years.
- The drip tray must be emptied before it may be moved.
- The stovetop is just barely warm.
- No preheating grate
- Sometimes wind is a problem.
10.Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Stainless Tabletop Grill
The Cuisinart has a size of a large panini press, this product can give you the taste of an outdoor grill in the comfort of your very indoor kitchen. It offers 2 stainless burners a pretty impressive 20,000 BTUs. Twist start ignition, foldaway legs, total temperature control, and integrated thermometer. Lid locks and legs fold for easy transport. Material: -Stainless steel. Fuel Type: -Propane, Product Weight: -28.66 lbs.
The Cuisinart Chef's Style Stainless Tabletop Grill is the perfect grill for any outdoor occasion. This professional-grade grill sets up in under 10 minutes without tools, and its two stainless burners put out a total of 20,000 BTUs. The integrated thermometer ensures perfectly grilled food every time, while the twist start ignition makes lighting your grill easy. And when you're finished grilling, the waterproof material protects your grill from the elements - wind, rain, dirt, and dust. Plus, with the convenient carry handles, you can use your Cuisinart Chef's Style Stainless Tabletop Grill as a tote bag for all your grilling supplies.
- It takes less than 10 minutes to set up and doesn't need any special equipment.
- It has 20,000 BTUs of cooking power from its two stainless-steel burners.
- Twist Get the fire going and check the temperature with the built-in gauge.
- Compatible with the VersaStand grills CGG-180 and CEG-980 and the Cuisinart CGG-306.
- Carry it easily with the two top handles or use it as a tote.
- The grill will be safe from wind, rain, dirt, and dust thanks to the waterproof material.
- Closed and locked lid
- A large, detachable, grease-collecting tray
- Portable because it is lightweight
- Top-notch components
- Put together with little effort
- There is no propane-to-natural-gas adapter available.
- The lid's dome is rather low.
- Grates have a tendency to become sticky.
Sunnyglade 9' Solar LED Lighted Patio Umbrella with 8 Ribs/Tilt Adjustment and Crank Lift System (Teal Blue)View on Amazon
Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill Propane Fuelled Restaurant Grade Professional 36” Outdoor Griddle Station with Side Shelf, 36 Inch, BlackView on Amazon
MASTER COOK 3 Burner BBQ Propane Gas Grill, Stainless Steel 30,000 BTU Patio Garden Barbecue Grill with Two Foldable ShelvesView on Amazon
Last update on 2022-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
How often will you be grilling?
As the weather gets warmer, people are spending more time outside. When you're at home this summer, chances are pretty good that you will be grilling. And if you're anything like us here at GrillingCompanion.com, there's a very good chance that all those steaks, burgers, and dogs will develop an awesome crust on them due to charred bits of food being stuck to your grill grates.
What kind of weather/environmental conditions will the grill be exposed to?
If the grill is going to be used in a place where there might be rain or snow, think about getting one with a cover. A cover could save you time and money; it will keep out moisture and debris that can make your grill rust faster. It is also important to keep the inside of the grill clean. If you don't, dirt and grime can stick to the insides of your grill and create an environment for bacteria and mold build-up over time. Some customers even report finding small insects living in their old grills! Yuck!
FACT: One benefit of propane grills is that they generally do not need to be covered like charcoal or gas grills. However, even if there isn't precipitation in the forecast, it's still a good idea to keep your grill covered when not in use. Keeping your grill free of debris and dirt will help it last longer.
Where will it be stored?
If you know your grill is going to get heavy usage, you want parts made of solid, durable materials that are well put together. If it were going to be outside and uncovered most of the time, give some thought to rust resistance.
Now that you have this information, we encourage you to think carefully, do a little comparison shopping, and go out and get yourself the best patio grill! They are a perfect accompaniment to a small space.
If you liked this article, or if there’s something you’d like to say about it (good or bad!), drop us a line in the comments below and let us know. Your feedback makes us better!
Wish you pick the best patio grill.