Here are the Best Tailgate Grill recommendations for Southern Smoke BBQ friends. Every autumn, thousands of fans flock to parking lots and parks to support their favorite team by hosting a serious party before the game.
These grills give you the cooking power to make serious tailgating, no matter what sport or season. On this list, you will find both the big and the small, the expensive and frugal. Here you will also find charcoal and propane grit. Read the full list to find the right barbeque for your situation.
Out Top Picks
- Best Overall: Everdure CUBE Portable Charcoal Grill
- Runner-up: Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal Grill 18 Inch Black
- Best High-end: Broil King 911470 Keg 5000 Kamado Grill
- High Quality: Solaire SOL-IR17BWR Anywhere Portable Infrared Warming Rack Gas Grill
- Best Feature: Cobb Premier Grill
- Best Value: Weber Q-2200 Portable Grill
- Best Function: Orion Cooker Outdoor Convection Steam Cooker Barbecue Smoker
- Great Choice: Lodge Sportsman's Pro Grill, 19.38 inches
1-Everdure CUBE Portable Charcoal Grill
Now you can experience genuine charcoal cooking on the move, without the mess. Redefining charcoal grills, the portable CUBE is designed for impromptu grilling away from home. With an integrated food grade storage tray, preparation board and porcelain enamel firebox, it’s simple to store, set up, cook and clean responsibly, while the chrome handles keep external heat to a minimum, making it easy to move while cooking.
Add this BBQ grill to your camping cooking set as a camping stove. This barbecue is intended to cook with lump charcoal or charcoal briquettes. The unique CUBE portable tiny charcoal barbecue gives a superior cooking experience in an all-in-one appliance that is excellent for the park, beach, campground, or tailgate. The CUBE compact BBQ grill was developed by legendary British Chef, Heston Blumenthal, who has transformed the outdoor cooking industry by creating inventive items with lasting attractive structure and great performance. Enjoy the delicious taste of grilled food wherever you are with the safe, handy, small CUBE Portable Charcoal Grill.
- Manufacturer Everdure CUBE (Everdure) Model Name
- Charcoal as a Power Source
- Matte black exterior and steel construction.
- Product Weight: 15.43 oz.
- This item has inside dimensions of 13.67 x 16.73 x 9.05 inches and is made of stainless steel.
- Coal-based charcoal is the fuel of choice.
- Lightweight and simple to transport
- Maintains a cool cooking surface, is easily cleaned, and has enough of room for pots and pans.
- Modifications should be made to the grilling grate.
- Unfortunately, it's probably not big enough to properly feed a large group.
2-Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal Grill 18 Inch Black
In some parts of the world, Weber Grill means Kleenex means fabric. The Weber Kettle is the most well-known charcoal grill and now comes the 18 1/2 inch Weber Grill in a portable size.
With the same grill as the full-size charcoal grill, the Jumbo Joe is big enough for a large BBQ area in a portable container. With a weight of 22 pounds and a handle with just a handle, this could be the perfect portable grill for more than two people.
- Product Dimensions 19.8 x 20.5 x 19.8 inches
- Item Weight 18 pounds
- Shipping Weight 18 pounds
- Department Outdoor Living
- Manufacturer Weber
- Miniature, lightweight, and convenient to carry
- The tunable dampers allow for excellent temperature regulation.
- Solid construction using long-lasting materials
- Lack of a temperature sensor for the dome
3-Broil King 911470 Keg 5000 Kamado Grill
The Broil King is so closely matched to the size and shape of the Big Green Egg that grates and accessories are interchangeable. Nevertheless, this metal version has some really impressive innovative features and designs.
This grill can reach very high temperatures while remaining cool outside and providing good temperature control. You can even mount it on your trailer hitch and tailail it, something you could have done with similar ceramic kamado stoves. While a large barbecue grill, there are some minor design issues that could give you problems.
- Product Dimensions 41 x 27.5 x 47 inches
- Item Weight 126 pounds
- Shipping Weight 128 pounds
- Manufacturer Broil King
- Guaranteed for 10 years.
- Body made of double-walled steel to prevent cracking
- Consists of a stable cart and two storage shelves
- The purchasing price also includes a multitool.
- To take its sweet time to cool down
- Chrome-plated warming racks may be obstructive.
- Not nearly as effective at maintaining heat as a ceramic kamado.
4-Solaire SOL-IR17BWR Anywhere Portable Infrared Warming Rack Gas Grill
Imagine the power of an infrared grill in a portable. This 14,000 BTU infrared grill provides more heat than any other portable grill, it can be taken almost anywhere.
For all stainless steel constructions, you can also get this marine-grade grill with a boating railing mount. 155 square centimeter grilling surface. Uses either disposable propane bottles or can be converted into a full 20-pound tank or even natural gas.
- Product Dimensions 13 x 21 x 12 inches
- Item Weight 23 pounds
- Shipping Weight 27.5 pounds
- Manufacturer Solaire
- The infrared heat is the best there is, producing a very high temperature.
- Convenient for use on the go or at home
- A rack for warming up on
- Possesses a complementing set of extras
- Conveniently wipes clean
- Unable to provide mild grilling temperatures
- Has just a one-year guarantee.
- Without a base or wheeled transport
5-Cobb Premier Grill
The Cobb Grill has repeatedly been praised as one of the most unique and versatile portable grills on the market. This unit will run on eight charcoal briquettes for up to three hours, never flare up, and cook an entire chicken as easily as burgers. Lightweight, easy to light, and to operate, this grill is perfect for virtually any trip.
It does not even get hot on the outside, so you can take it up while cooking to move it. The only real drawback is the relatively small size. The cooking area is just under 12 inches and does not give you much space. Otherwise, this is a great little grill.
- Product Dimensions 12.5" x 12.5" x 13 inches
- Item Weight 20 lbs
- Shipping Weight 10.54 pounds
- Manufacturer Cobb
- Superior adaptability
- Very frugal
- Small enough to fit in the trunk of a vehicle
- Direct grilling options are limited.
- There isn't nearly as much smokiness as there would be at a regular BBQ.
6-Weber Q-2200 Portable Grill
This portable grill is a master of design. It's so compact that it's less than 32 inches long, but its seven-inch lid means this grill is big enough to cook a whole chicken. It uses standard 14-ounce propane tanks (not included) and has 280-square inch porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grid that's almost big enough to be called a full-size grill.
At under $ 200, this grill has Weber's durability and a unique design that has won prizes. Not only a great grill for cooking, but it also looks cool.
- Product Dimensions 25.1 x 51.4 x 26 inches
- Item Weight 42.5 pounds
- Shipping Weight 42.8 pounds
- Manufacturer Weber
- Very simple to install and use
- Kitchen with plenty of space
- The grates are made of cast iron and porcelain enamel, so they're strong and durable.
- Massive, collapsible, side tables
- Rather bulky for a grill of this kind.
- An improperly fitting catch pan
7-Orion Cooker Outdoor Convection Steam Cooker Barbecue Smoker
Describing what the Orion Cooker is may be the hardest thing. Basically, this is a charcoal stove. The completely closed cooking chamber completely separates the flame from the food.
This does not mean that you can not add a smoke flavor and it does not mean that this is no better than your oven when cooking ribs (8 at a time) to whole turkeys.
This is a great "cooker" for big meals, tailgating, and cooking food fast (a 20-pound turkey in 2 1/2 hours). Although it is not a grill or smoker, it is definitely a good cooker.
- Product Dimensions 21 x 20 x 21 inches
- Item Weight 2 pounds
- Shipping Weight 31.8 pounds
- Manufacturer Orion Cooker
- An original method of using low heat to cook
- A probe thermometer-compatible sealable hole
- Incorporates a chicken stand
- Comes with three sets of barbecue grates and rib hangers
- Extensive ash catcher
- Extra-sized dish for collecting liquids and drippings
- Featuring a durable nylon exterior
- Must have weather protection
- The gratings are quite sticky.
- Defeats the purpose of a brisket flat
- A barbecue that doesn't use direct heat
8-Lodge Sportsman's Pro Grill, 19.38 inches
Of the heavy cast iron hibachi grills on the market, this is probably the best. Agile, but heavy and capable of really good grilling. As a hibachi, you get no cover, indirect grilling, rotisserie or the like. What you get is a high, intense heat that burns and grills fantastically. This is a perfect condo barbeque, especially for the college students who grab it and head everywhere with this unit.
- Product Dimensions 19 x 8.2 x 10.2 inches
- Item Weight 27 pounds
- Shipping Weight 30.6 pounds
- Manufacturer Lodge
- Strong and long-lasting
- Not too large, not too tiny; just right
- Forceful and insulating
- Simple maintenance; no food stays put
- Size-appropriately heavy
- Minimal and fragile as a handle
- Rapidly increases in temperature
Everdure CUBE Portable Charcoal Grill, Tabletop BBQ, Perfect Tailgate, Beach, Patio, or Camping Grill, Lightweight & Compact Small Grill with Preparation Board & Food Storage Tray, GraphiteView on Amazon
Royal Gourmet GT1001 Stainless Steel Portable Grill, 10000 BTU BBQ Tabletop Gas Grill with Folding Legs and Lockable Lid, Outdoor Camping, Deck and Tailgating, SilverView on Amazon
Blackstone 1550 On The Go Combo with Wheels, Legs Hood & Side Shelf Heavy Duty Flat Top Portable BBQ Griddle Grill Station for Kitchen, Camping, Outdoor, Tailgating, BlackView on Amazon
Last update on 2023-02-02 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
To help you make the best decision for yourself and your loved ones, we conducted extensive research and compiled the information presented in this article.