Use a mixture of three parts baking soda and one part warm water to clean an electric stove top. Let's break down the five-stage procedure in great detail so you can clean your electric stove like an expert.
Cleaning an electric range properly requires some practice and knowledge. Coil burners are common, and glass stove tops are becoming more common, however, they may be easily scratched if not cleaned properly.
But if you follow these methods, cleaning your electric stove is easier than you think; you can do it with common household items, and it will look like new in no time.
The best approach to clean your electric stovetop of grease, stains, and burnt remnants is as follows:
- Take out the drip pans and coils. Proceed to Step 2 if your stove doesn't have coils.
- Prepare a paste of baking soda and water and spread it over the burner.
- Wait a few minutes and then try again.
- Rub the area with a sponge to remove stubborn stains.
- Use a towel to clean up the mess.
- Get some glass cleaner or soap and water and wipe off the stove's outside.
The components and method for making your stove seem brand new will now be discussed in depth.
- Baking soda
- Glass cleaner (optional)
How to Thoroughly Clean an Electric Stove: A Step-by-Step Tutorial
1. Take out the stove's coils and any drip pans. Don't worry about this step if your electric stove doesn't have coils.
Remove the coils from your electric range before cleaning them. Don't worry about using them just yet. If your stove's coils are grimy, too, read these detailed instructions for cleaning them.
After reading that piece and giving your stove's coils a good scrub, you may continue on to the next phase.
Stay with us, and we'll get into how to clean the drip pans on your stove later in the piece.
2. Use a baking soda paste to clean the stove.
Mixing three parts baking soda with one part water yields a thick paste that may be used as an alternative to other types of paste. Make sure to use warm water while creating the paste. This will speed up the process of dissolving the grease on your stove.
Baking soda is available on Amazon here.
3. Wait a few minutes and then try again.
In order to effectively remove food residue from your stove, baking soda has to rest for two to five minutes.
4. Use a towel to clean up the mess.
After waiting a few minutes, use a towel to clean up the mess. You shouldn't scrape too hard, since the baking soda might scratch the stove's surface if you do.
Get some glass cleaner or soap and water and wipe off the stove's outside.
You can find glass cleaner from Amazon here.
In what ways should I maintain the cleanliness of my electric range?
You should clean your electric stove top every few weeks or so, depending on how frequently you use it. After a long day of cooking or after serving a big number of people, clean the stove immediately. If you make a mess or burn anything on the stove, clean it right away. The longer the stains sit, the more difficult they will be to remove.
How do you get burn marks off an electric stove?
You may use a paste made of baking soda and vinegar to get rid of burn scars on your electric stove. The paste you make with this will be more potent than one made with baking soda and water alone. You may make it by mixing together 2 parts vinegar and 1 part baking soda.
Baking soda is more basic than vinegar, so when it softens the burn scars on your stove, you'll hear a fizzing noise as the two combine.
In order to protect the stove top from scratches, you should avoid scraping at it directly.
If the burn marks persist after letting the paste sit for a few minutes, you may try again.
Follow this link to Amazon to buy vinegar if you don't already have some.
How do you degrease an electric stove?
Instructions for Cleaning an Electric Range
To clean grease from an electric stove, mix baking soda, hot water, and dish soap.
- Prepare the stove for use by warming it for a minute.
- Set the stove with water.
- Put in some baking soda.
- Please wait a moment before using the baking soda.
- Use a damp towel to spread the baking soda.
- Scrub the spot carefully with dish soap and a scrubbing sponge.
- Just use a cloth to wipe up the mess.
Watch this video for instructions on how to wipe off a glass cooktop.
A kitchen degreaser is something else you may look into buying. If you haven't already, please use this link to make a purchase from Amazon.
The question is, how exactly does vinegar work to clean an electric stove top?
Cleaning your stove top with vinegar is a terrific way to keep it looking like new. It leaves a lovely sheen and is ideal for surface cleaning, such as on a stovetop.
- Use a mixture of vinegar and water that is 2:1 (for example, two-thirds vinegar to one-third water) to clean the stovetop.
- Use this solution to wipe off the stove top with a cloth or spray it on.
- Remove any food residue from the stovetop by wiping it down.
How can I keep my glass stove top sparkling?
One of the most effective homemade cleansers for glass-top stoves is a mixture of vinegar and water.
How do you clean electric stove build-up?
On most electric stoves, the top will lift up so you can clean the burnt food from underneath. Use a plastic knife or spatula to scrape off any hardened foods. Wipe the area with warm, soapy water. For stubborn spots of burnt food, use the baking soda paste or other stove top cleaner recommended by the manufacturer.
How do you clean an electric glass-top stove?
Use an oven cleaner and some elbow grease to clean the glass stove and get the gunk off. A cleaning product like Power Paste can get rid of buildup and polish the glass stove surface. Otherwise, stick to common cleaning items like baking soda and white vinegar.
What is the best way to clean a black electric stove top?
Baking soda and vinegar are one of the most reliable methods to tackle baked grease on your black stove. Combine them into a paste with vinegar and water for an even more thorough clean.
Can Magic Eraser be used on glass top stoves?
Steps to Clean a Glass Stove Top:
Rinse with clean water. Clean any remaining areas with a glass stovetop cleaner or the Magic Eraser. Both are effective in removing the cooked-on stains that are more difficult to remove. Rinse the cloth and surface regularly to see how much progress you're making.
Electric Stove Drip Pan Care and Maintenance
- It's time to take care of the drip pans and stove coils.
- Toss in the garbage can any crumbs or scraps of food that have been collected on the drip pan.
- Submerge the drip pan completely in warm water and dish soap, either in the sink or a medium-sized basin.
- If you have 15 or 20 minutes to kill, submerge the drip pans in water.
- Take the catchbasins out of the waste receptacle or the sink and clean them with a dry cloth.
Well, that settles it. Cleaning the drip pans below your stove is as simple as that. Let the drip pans soak for an additional 15 minutes if they are stubborn to clean. Cleaner water should be used if the existing supply is heavily contaminated.
A scrub sponge may be used to remove oil from drip pans. A small bit of effort is all that's required after a long soak in the sink.
We appreciate you taking the time to read our detailed instructions on how to clean an electric stove top.
Can you go on a cleaning binge? If so, read on for more of our "cleaning tips" articles.